Our Mission: To provide the individualized services, information, resources and support needed to positively enhance the independence, productivity and inclusion of individuals with autism to soar beyond limits.
"A child has gone further than they thought they could, because a parent knew they could."
SOAR began in 2010 as a project of five moms wanting resources, information and support for their child on the spectrum. Because of the growing rate of autism, SOAR has spread its wings and become a non-profit serving the Louisiana Northshore. Our goal is to open an autism center that will offer the services desperately needed for individuals with an Autism Spectrum Disorder to reach their potential.
Our services are at little or no cost to families. We currently offer applied behavior analysis therapy (ABA), speech therapy, educational advocacy, support groups, lending library, resources, workshops and training for families, individuals, professionals and communities impacted by autism spectrum disorder. Funding is provided through our fundraising efforts, sponsors, grants and donations. We are a 501c(3) so all contributions are tax deductible.
306 Pine St., Ste 400
Madisonville, La 70447
112 Lake Orleans
Ponchatoula, La 70454
- Sherri Houin, Executive Director
- Lynda Bradley, Administration
- Megan Perkins, Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- Amber Deano, Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) & ABA Line Therapist
- Erica Cauble, ABA Line Therapist
- Carmella Causey, ABA Line Therapist
- Victoria Cook, ABA Line Therapist
- Amy Donarski, ABA Line Therapist
- Brittney Hadnot, ABA Line Therapist
- Alicia Morales, ABA Line Therapist
- Shelby Morain, ABA Line Therapist
- Amanda Serpas, ABA Line Therapist